As indicated from the outset when Sun West released its Safe Schools Plan, as conditions changed, the Safe School Plan would be amended as necessary. Unfortunately, conditions in Saskatchewan related to COVID-19 and its associated variants have continued to worsen. According to the most recent data published by the province, Saskatchewan has had its largest number of COVID-19 cases in one week. There has been an significant increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and ICU admissions driven by the Delta variant and as a result the province is now preparing to increase its ICU capacity.
Sun West continues to be responsible for the safety of our students and staff and is amending the School Division’s School Safety Plan in response to the new conditions and the resulting increased danger to our students.
The complete revised version of the Sun West Safe Schools Plan is available at the link below. The following are the key changes:
- Students from Prekindergarten to grades 12 are now required to wear masks indoors at all times.
- Staff are now required to wear masks indoors at all times including in their work areas while students are not present.
- School visitors are now required to wear masks indoors at all times.
- All students and staff are now required to wear masks while on school buses.
- Periodic mask breaks will be provided to students and staff.
Click here to view a downloadable version of the complete revised Sun West Safe Schools Plan.
If you are looking for other options for your children, we provide support for online learners through the Sun West Distance Learning Center (DLC) and we will facilitate home-based learners through the DLC as well. For more information, please contact the school-based administrator for your school and/or call the DLC at 306-252-1000.
Should conditions change, the Division’s Safe School Plan will be amended as needed.
If you have any questions or comments please contact me by email or by phone.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Director of Education
Office: (306)882-2677 ext. 238