History of Kenaston School
School traces it's
history back to 1905 when it opened with 14 students while the town was
still known as Bonnington. In 1913, a new brick
school was built to replace it, and an expansion for a high school soon
building would have a long life in Kenaston and
was used until the current school was constructed in 1959. Expansions over the
years would add a gymnasium in 1964, a library and portable classrooms in
1973 and a new wing for the high school in 1992.
we have a beautiful school with 10 classrooms, a science lab, an up to date
computer lab, home economics lab and a
industrial arts lab with drafting, photography, welding, woodworking and screenprinting facilities.
brought about another significant change as the school became host to the
Sun West Distance Learning Centre. The school broadcasts a number of
courses out to schools and offers a wide range of correspondence courses to
meet the needs of students across the school division. Technology has
become an integral part of the school, with interactive Smartboards,
Smart Tables, document cameras and a wide variety of other equipment
available to enhance instruction.