Parent and community involvement in education are crucial to student success! Through School Community Councils, the Sun West School Division partners with parents and the community to improve the quality of education offered in each Sun West School.
In support of the importance of locally-elected boards of education, the Saskatchewan School Boards Association will host a workshop this summer for people thinking about running for the office of school trustee.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance
For your convenience, we have made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance offers protection against the unexpected costs of injury from accidents, and is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefits include coverage for:
- The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, whether at school or at home;
- Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or Provincial Health Insurance Plans - such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more;
- Injury-related dental treatment (including future dental treatment up to age 26);
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If your address changes during the school year, your Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Insurance premiums are $13.50 and $31.95 per year, depending on the plan selected, and your child is covered all the time, not just while at school. A discounted premium is available for families with 3 or more children.
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kidsplus.ca, or speak with a Kids Plus™ Client Service Administrator at 1-800-556-7411.